Sunday School Teacher
1. Do I need experience before I volunteer or are you going to ACTUALLY show me what to do?
Prior teaching experience is helpful, but not necessary. Some of our veteran teachers have had no prior professional experience and have found sharing the Word of God with the children a blessing. A step-by-step teacher guide provides detailed information for each lesson so that new teachers will have the guidance they may need.
2. How often will I need to step up and serve?
Approximately once every 5/6 weeks. We have a flexible schedule and will work around travel and personal commitments.
3. Who do I get the instructions from or who is basically in charge (who do you call?)
Either Leah Paulson, who is in charge of teaching materials, or Nancy Dunlap can answer questions or provide teaching support.
4. What is the minimum expected of me?
Using the teacher guide and materials provided, prepare the lesson (about 45 minutes) assigned for the week
5. Are the supplies that are required supplied by the church or do I have to get them before hand? Teaching materials are organized into folders for each week, and are located in the plastic box in the Sunday School area.
6. Do I get a helper? Yes, we do have helpers available for teachers who would like assistance.
7. Are any meetings required and if so, when and how often? No, usually handled by phone or email.
If anyone has any further questions just ask me, I will be happy to help. Let me know you're if interested in helping.
Nancy Dunlap or Leah Paulson