Grace Lutheran Church By-The-Sea
Our Ministry Objectives
God has given His church the privilege and joy of doing "ministry". It is by our ministry that we proclaim the love of God to our communities, demonstrating that love by our actions. It is God, working through our ministry, that brings people to faith in Him and membership in the Church, the body of Christ - that makes disciples. Since this is such important work, God expects His people to be effective in their ministry. To be effective, the church needs to have ministry objectives that are specific and concrete.
While the church needs to attend to all aspects of its ministry, certain programs and activities are given priority in the congregation.The resources of the congregation and the needs of the community dictate this. Our church has decided, under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, to place emphasis and, by the same spirit, dedicate itself to the fulfillment of that work to the glory of God.
Current Active Ministry Programs
Pastoral and Lay Visitation
"Lay visitation" is not the exclusive task of the Elders or any particular board or committee, but a ministry that can and should be accepted by all members of the congregation. It is through pastoral and lay visitation that the people of the community - congregational members and non-members - come into deeper fellowship with one another and the body of Christ. It is through the visits of Christians that Christ Himself visits with the people in their need!
Small groups within our congregation, emphasizing relationships and caring, help people establish a relationship with Christ. It is these small groups that people make contact and a real sense of fellowship is established. Currently the following groups are active in Grace Church.
* Ladies Fellowship Luncheons - Tue 12:00 Noon (Manteo/North Beach)
* Men's Fellowship Breakfast - 3rd Sat every month 8:00AM, Fellowship Hall
* Prayer Chain - Ongoing, dedicated group of parishioners who pray together for members, families and friends in time of need.
Community Service Programs
Volunteers from Grace By The Sea serve on a number of Community Service Program including:
* Outer Banks Food Pantry - Manning the OBX Food Pantry in bi-monthly cooperation with 10 other OBX churches.
* Interfaith Community Council - Grace members join with other church volunteers to find ways to supplement many human care needs not provided by local government social services or other agencies.
* Hot Line Telephone Support and Thrift Shops - These programs are broadly supported by Grace members.
* Community Free Clinic - One of our members has taken a leading role in the management of this program for those without Health Insurance.
* Habitat For Humanity and Master Gardener programs have seen many Grace Lutheran Church volunteers over the years.
* Food For Thought - A Dare Countywide church program providing weekend meals to needy children.
YOUR CHURCH AWAY FROM HOME:
"We share the love of Christ here."
© Copyright 20XX Grace Lutheran Church By-The-Sea, All rights reserved
Grace Lutheran Church By-The-Sea is a member congregation of the Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod